Sunday, April 5, 2009

The announcement has been made!

It's officially out in the open. Finally. The Miller family is moving to Clarksville, TN to start a church! We announced it to the Velocity leaders on Friday, to all 3 services today, and Skip will be interviewing me in front of the church on Wednesday night!

It's been 5 great years of ministry at Calvary and God has done some incredible things. And now, at a time where the economy is the worst it's been in my 25 years and ministry is the best it's been, God has led us to pack up our stuff and step out in faith. We'll be moving 1200 miles away to start a Calvary from scratch. It's a bit intimidating considering that I've never done this, and I'll actually have to find a real adult job that won't pay me to go to summer camp anymore. However, there's so much peace in knowing that this is God's idea, not ours!

The name, Awaken Church, captures our vision of Awakening people to the relevance of God's Word and equipping them for His service. It's an exciting endeavor that leaves a lot of questions in the air, but we know God will do above all that we ask and think!

We have 7 more weeks with Velocity as we finish out Revelation. Our last weekend will be Saturday and Sunday, May 23-24. We'll still be around for 3 more weeks, though, and I'll do AJ (the guy who will take my spot as Youth Pastor) and his fiancee Lisa's wedding on June 14. On Wednesday, June 17, the adventure officially begins! Nate and Jenn Witiuk and Denver Miller will also be joining us in the beginning of July.

If you're interested in keeping in touch, you can check the new church website (still under construction and expansion) at awakenchurch.org. We'd love your prayers!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Hey Kevin, hi Jenn. I just read most of your blogs and I just wanted to tell you that I'm so excited for you guys and your hearts for this church. I think God is going to do something amazing with you. Thanks for being such an encouragement to me. I'll definitely keep you guys in prayer. Love you guys so much!
~Crystal