Sunday, February 14, 2010

New blog series: REACH

Tomorrow begins an exciting new blog series I'm calling REACH.

The question is, "Who will you reach?"

I've asked people in ministry from across the country about how they reach certain age groups. Each day will feature a new age group: kids, college, adults, skaters, and much more.

The idea stemmed from our study through the book of Acts that we're doing on Wednesday nights at Awaken. I've been so intrigued at people throughout history have been reached by the gospel in so many different ways by so many different people. I wanted to interview some people in ministry and see what they're doing to reach the age group they're targeting in ministry.

Some of the people I'll be interviewing are pastors in full-time ministry, others are volunteers, others are guys I served with at some point, and still others I have yet to meet face-to-face. I'll be wrapping up the series with an interview from Brian "Head" Welch, co-founder of the rock band, Korn, who recently gave his life to the Lord and now tours the country sharing his story with people of all ages. I'm excited to share the insight these guys have in ministry. I pray it inspires you to reach everyone you can with the good news of the gospel!

Stay tuned here each morning to read each interview!

No comments: